Two parties in the same week...this might be too much excitement for me. Thank you Donna for hosting such a fun soiree.
Ahoy me hearties!
I wish to thank ye for coming along on this foolhearty party excursion... I've got me first matey Chewie here guarding the booty. He's quite the sea dog. Arrh har har...I makes meself laugh.
I's got me parrot too.
He used to be the prized posession of the Blaggard Pirate Corks
but after we spliced the mainbrace and I slipped her some more rum in these here beauties
I considered him swag and took em. Aye, it was the right thing to do.
Gangway, what's this I see through me spyglass...it's thee recipe for the grub I used to procure me new parrot, Jollyboat.
Rum Balls - makes 4 dozen
- 2 (12 ounce) packages vanilla wafers, crushed
- 3 cups chopped nuts (walnuts & pecans work well but almonds are great too)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup light rum
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, chopped nuts, 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, and cocoa. Mix in rum and corn syrup. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in confectioners' sugar or cocoa.
- Store rum balls in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days to develop flavor. Roll them again in confectioners' sugar, cocoa, or crushed nuts before serving.
I hopes ye enjoys them. Arr, but be careful, after a couple of these ye might be walking the plank without yer knowing it.
And if that were to happen you might be like me bosun Golli. After a night of grog and rum balls he went into the briny deep and me thoughts he would feed the fishes. Alas, me lookout
yelled "sail ho" from atop the crow's nest, but shiver me timbers we ran starbird to find this...
it seems Golli didn't feed the fishes after all, he made friends with the dolphins instead. That be just like him.
Arr, I got me loot and me hands are swabbing the deck so it's good life. Avast! Chewie found this treasure map down below and it seems to lead to other Brethren of the Coast
and for any of you landlubbers out there that means me mateys and other buccaneers that are a part of this here soiree. So go check them out. I wouldn't want to make you kiss the gunner's daughter or dance with Jack Ketch; now would I?
I'm off to get some shut eye. Tomorrow's another day of pillaging...yo-ho-ho.